Who Are The UT Z-Chis?
Welcome to the webpage of Eta Chapter of Zeta Sigma Chi Multicultural Sorority, Inc. As students at The University of Texas at Austin and sisters of Zeta Sigma Chi Multicultural Sorority, Inc., we pride ourselves on our history and tradition of strong academic achievement and our outstanding sisterhood. In 2003 we became the first nationally recognized UT multicultural sorority. We seek to uphold the principles our Founding Mothers believed in: Education, Success, Culture, Service, and Sisterhood.
Over the past decade, the ELITE Eta Chapter distinguished itself in the Central Texas community through programming to encourage intercultural ideals to the campus community. Over the years excellent programming has included the following events: Zumba w/the Z-Chis, Women’s Health Day, Multicultural Greek Week, and Stop the Violence. We also hosted several fundraisers and educational series.
Currently Eta Chapter has no active undergraduates on campus and is fully supported by chapter alumnae. We are seeking determined freshmen, sophomores, and juniors who share our ideals to continue our legacy on campus and revitalize the chapter. What does this mean? This is a unique opportunity to be involved in both Texas Greek life and make a commitment to multiculturalism/diversity in the community around you. If you believe that you or someone you know would be a great fit for our organization visit our membership tab.
- In addition to undergraduates, our membership consists of many experienced alumnae who are established in their careers. These members have helped undergraduate members with internships, career advancement, job placement and a variety of other career development areas.
- Zeta Sigma Chi values QUALITY over QUANTITY.
- Zeta Sigma Chi has the empowering principles of Education, Success, Culture, Service, and Sisterhood.
- These ideas promote a strong sense of dedication in our members.
- Members truly strive to promote these ideals within their own lives, at their universities, and in their communities.
- These ideas provide a strong foundation to members once they begin their careers in the global workforce.
- Frequent and specialized national programming allows members to receive the utmost quality updates about new happenings and requirements within the organization.
- Z-Chi chapters share a very strong sense of inter-chapter support.
- Distance is rarely an issue. Sisters travel from coast to coast to support each other’s chapters. In fact, they value being able to see the country thru sisterhood!
We encourage you to browse our site and learn more about our sisterhood, and see what we have to offer. If you have any questions or comments, please contact us! Also, check out our Facebook and Twitter accounts.
*****Pardon our dust. We are currently re-designing our webpage and our chapter.*****